In the roll forming industry, the end goal has always been to meet or exceed quality and delivery expectations of customers—while at the same time optimizing efficiency and profitability. That’s why in recent years, roll forming manufacturers have become increasingly dependent on software-based business and operational processes—and it easy to see why.
Accurately tracking the four pillars of cost —materials, labor, overhead and outside processing—continues to challenge profitability for roll forming and metal framing manufacturers alike. Without accurate costs, making fundamental decisions to drive business growth are based on intuition rather than data. And, while there is plenty to be said for an experienced manager’s intuition, more and more manufacturers in the sector see the importance of using data to make better decisions. Turning data into insight, RealSTEEL™ helps managers confidently answer critical questions and more.
Software Built for Roll Forming Manufactures
Powered by the Wolcott Group, RealSTEEL™ software was developed by industry experts that understand the specific challenges and needs of roll formers. Loaded with features that enable manufactures to better manage inventory, data and processes—it’s no surprise roll forming manufacturers are looking to RealSTEEL to gain control and visibility into their operations.
Benefits for Roll Forming Manufacturers:
- Helps production managers plan and schedule raw-material purchases
- Reduces waste by minimizing both raw materials in stock and finished products awaiting distribution
- Each pallet has its own specific number—enabling you to view all costs associated with it
- Better manage outside processing costs
- Quickly calculate and receive updates on orders throughout each step of roll forming production
- With a Manufacturing Execution System (MES) in place, you’ll gain visibility into what’s been scheduled for each machine as well as the slitting layout—helping operators handle any adversity that occurs during the slitting process
- Gain line by line visibility into how much profit each lot can make depending upon specific attributes
- Track margins on a line by line basis for every order
- Find products with pricing that has not increased to match rising material costs
- Identify and correct production lines that are consistently missing projections
- Coil Slitting
- Customer Specifications/Defaults
- Complete Manufacturing Capabilities
- Costing/Margin Management
- Vendor Specifications/Defaults
- Inventory Management
- Warehouse Management
Your business will always face challenges—from volatile metal costs, extreme quality variance and short lead times—but lack of information doesn’t need to be one of them. Delivering quick ROI—while improving service, reducing waste and enhancing productivity—RealSTEEL™ software can help you build a more efficient business. Contact us today to learn how.
Powered by the Wolcott Group, RealSTEEL™ plays an essential role in manufacturing, enabling the production process to proceed smoothly and efficiently.