From the management of inventory to the distribution of products, building material and metal stud manufacturers have numerous responsibilities in their day-to-day operations. Many manufacturers are using business management and ERP systems that are either outdated or simply lack the features and tools needed to handle the steel and metals industry’s unique costing and inventory requirements.
Crafted by industry experts who understand the challenges of the steel and metals industry, RealSTEEL™ gives building material manufacturers what they need, and more.
Specialized Software Built for Your Needs
With inventory tracking that includes dimensional and physical attributes and dynamically generated specifications for quoting and production—RealSTEEL™ is the real deal for metal stud and building material manufacturers.
Benefits for Building Material Manufacturers:
- View and maintain costs for labor, freight, outside services, and surcharges at the coil level
- Link blueprint information, including floor and section, to improve quote and order lines
- Provide a shop, or MES (manufacturing execution system), to record actual production, scrap, shears, and break weights
- Determine additional cuts and material required from scraps
- Integrate with Eclipse roll forming controllers
- Control product packaging and bundle/skid management, including Heat/Lot, package width, length, height, and weight
- Manage outside processing operations with direct shipment to the end customer
- Incorporate important customer specifications such as packaging, loading, and tolerances that track with the order
- Provide complete support of complex operations, including multi-company, multi-currency, multi-lingual, and multi-warehouse
- Build, monitor and maintain loads with shipping dispatch board
- Robust quoting process supports complete job submittal functionality and generates specifications and drawings
- AMS Eclipse Integration Remnant
- Coil Slitting
- Rebate Management
- Comprehensive Testing and Sampling Capabilities
- Inventory Management
- Warehouse Management
When building material and metal stud manufacturers employ RealSTEEL™, they make the choice to focus on doing what they do best—manufacturing building material. With the information needed from the shop floor MES, building material manufacturers complete work on time and on budget.
As you evaluate replacements for your accounting or legacy ERP software, make sure to ask yourself the right questions. Your success depends on your ability to optimize processes and master your supply chain through technology. Contact us today to learn more about how RealSTEEL is helping building materials manufacturers across the United States.