The internet can be a valuable tool for businesses in the steel and metals industry. An online presence makes it easier for customers to find you. On the other hand, it also makes it easier for customers to find your competitors. Steel service centers and metal manufacturers need to work as fast as the internet to capitalize on ways to differentiate your businesses from the competition.
Take Full Advantage of the Internet with Integrated Business Management
In this digital era, the internet plays a pivotal role for every business. The internet is how you deliver information to prospects and established customers these days. Disparate software systems or aging legacy systems can’t come close to supporting modern business operations in this fast-paced marketplace.
As indicated in “6 Trends Changing the Game for Steel Service Centers and Metal Manufacturers,” the internet will put relevant data into the hands of your leaders which accelerates decision making. However, to get there, you need modern technology.
Connected systems and centralized data are essential for steel service centers and metal manufacturers to compete successfully in this digital world. An integrated ERPsystem, like RealSTEEL, will deliver the information you need to be agile when moving at the speed of the internet. With key data at your fingertips, you can:
- Consolidate order and inventory data across your enterprise, including multiple warehouses or distribution centers
- Optimize quoting, production and other processes to eliminate redundant tasks, reduce non-billable time, and work productively
- Serve reliable, accurate cost and inventory availability information to sales representatives in the field and customers
- Fulfill orders and deliver on promises to customers, while maintaining profits
- Recognize new opportunities and determine when to pass on certain orders or business lines
- Take advantage of new markets and boost internet sales
- Provide the value-added services and specializations that differentiate you from your competitors
Move at the Speed of the Internet with RealSTEEL
RealSTEEL will capture the data you need to work effectively, respond quickly to customer needs, and expand sales through integrated eCommerce operations. With the right data in the right hands, you can streamline your business, improve productivity and profitability, and provide value-added services to customers.The opportunities to compete are nearly endless.
Steel service centers and metal manufacturers can combine the power of the internet with RealSTEEL to ensure eCommerce operations impact your business for the better, not the worse. Contact us anytime for guidance with how to take advantage of all the internet offers your industry today.
By The Wolcott Group, providers of RealSTEEL, ‘real world’ ERP for the steel and metals industry.