The amount of data your metals operation is collecting each day has skyrocketed over the past decade. That data can provide enormous value to the business but can also be a great risk. While it is understandable that keeping that data “where you can see it” is a hard habit to let go of, it is unlikely your organization can provide on-site security and data management equal to a qualified cloud provider.
It is a myth that Cloud ERP makes data security and management more difficult. The fact is: cloud providers like Microsoft deploy state-of-the-art security measures to protect your data in ways no IT team can match. And a well-designed cloud platform can provide integration and management that combines data from across your organization together to deliver unparalleled productivity gains and valuable insights.
Security from the experts
One of the most powerful reasons businesses are moving more applications to the cloud, especially those critical to operations like ERP, is to ensure data security. When your sensitive business data is stored in highly secure, state-of-the-art data centers owned and managed by Microsoft, you get peace-of-mind. With a 99.9 percent uptime service-level agreement (SLA), your employees will have the information they need to keep the business moving forward no matter what happens.
In addition, Microsoft’s cloud ERP has a built-in security system that helps protect your database and the information it contains from unauthorized access. You identify the authorized users and what data they can read and modify. You can deliver exactly the information each worker needs to keep them focused and productive.
Centralized data platform
The cloud doesn’t change the fundamental operations of your metals business, but it can transform how data flows through your processes. With centralized data, you will provide more visibility to managers and tighten control across your entire organization. Microsoft Dynamics 365 lets you easily connect data from other applications to provide holistic data management.
RealSTEEL, built on the Microsoft Dynamics 365 platform, acts as the bridge to centralize data and augment current software systems. You can integrate data from legacy applications as you “turn on” functionality of the cloud ERP for key operations.
By centralizing data in the cloud, you can take advantage of more powerful reporting across all operations with:
- Personalized, role-specific information on inventory, orders, scheduling, shipping, and more delivered through user-friendly dashboards.
- Visibility into real-time events on the shop floor, including downtime operator errors and material problems.
- Better forecasting based on sales history plus accurate scheduling based on resource availability.
- Analysis tools that allow finance to dig into data across departments, cost centers, product lines, and regions to identify areas for improvement.
Unified data drives productivity
With RealSTEEL providing the data platform, you can deliver clear, relevant information to your employees so they can do their best work. By bringing all your data together through the cloud, you can:
- Give managers clear visibility into the four components of cost—materials, labor, overhead, and outside processing—to optimize operations and maintain profits.
- Route jobs through the production process automatically, optimizing use of resources and allocating appropriate materials at each step.
- Support digital workstations that allow operators to enter actual materials usage, tracking scrap, sheers, and break weights.
- Enhance teamwork and boost productivity by accessing information from anywhere, at any time, from any device.
- Enable remote employees to share information in real-time, enabling easier and more efficient collaboration.
Take control of your data
RealSTEEL Cloud ERP provides data integration and management that can unleash productivity and deliver new insights. Let’s talk about how cloud-based ERP can help your organization do more. We understand what data can do for your metals business and can’t wait to show you.